Finance, Audit and Legislative Affairs Committee
- James Fennell (Chairperson)
- Rachel Reliford (Vice Chairperson)
- Jennifer Groves Allison
- Eden Blair
- Brandy Bryant
- Linda Daley
- James Dillon
- Betty Duncan
- Kate Pastucha
- Andrew Rand
- Rob Reneau
- Steven Rieker
- Paul Rosenbohm
- Phillip Salzer
- Sharon Williams
Committee Overview & Responsibilities
The Finance, Audit, and Legislative Affairs Committee shall be comprised of the members of the Executive Committee.
Any amendments to the Annual County Budget proposed by a Board member shall be submitted to the Chairperson of the County Board, the Budget Subcommittee Chairperson, and the County Administrator no later than five o’clock P.M. on the Monday preceding the County Board's meeting to adopt the Annual County Budget. The foregoing requirement may be overridden by a majority vote of the members present at the meeting to adopt the Annual County Budget.
The Finance, Audit, and Legislative Affairs Committee shall receive, consider, and review the budget for each of the offices, departments, and officers of Peoria County after consideration by each of the other Standing Committees:
- Jointly with the Executive Committee, the Finance, Audit, and Legislative Affairs Committee shall consider, adopt and submit to the County Board both the Annual Tax Levy Ordinance and the Annual Appropriation and Budget Ordinance.
- Jointly with the Executive Committee, the Finance, Audit, and Legislative Affairs Committee shall review, consolidate and recommend changes to the budget proposals of the other Standing Committees to recommend a complete budget for all activities of Peoria County for adoption by the County Board.
- The Finance, Audit, and Legislative Affairs Committee shall monitor financial metrics throughout the fiscal year. It shall also devise performance management tools to benefit the organization’s transparency in financial practices.
- It shall oversee the disposal and recovery of assets through the sale of Heddington Oaks Nursing Home, recommending a proposal to the Executive Committee.
- It shall serve as the Audit Committee, including: recommending a public accounting firm to serve as an external auditor; and, receiving and reviewing the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the management letter.
- It shall consider, review, and recommend to the County Board an annual State and Federal legislative program; and, it shall receive regular reports from the County’s registered lobbyists on the status of the legislative program and other legislative developments affecting the County.
The business of the following offices is considered by the Finance Committee:
- Finance Department
- Heddington Oaks