Peoria County/City Citizens Leadership Academy
Citizens Leadership Academy is an annual program held each fall in conjunction with the City of Peoria. Participants will tour City and County facilities and talk with elected and appointed officials. Our aim is to help citizens understand how their local governments work, the resources they offer and the challenges they face.
Each session takes place at either a County of Peoria or City of Peoria building and usually involves a presentation, tour and time for questions and answers. Some sessions also provide refreshments.
2022 Citizens Leadership Academy
Citizens Leadership Academy will not be held in 2021. However, if you are interested in being notified when applications become available for our 2022 session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already emailed regarding interest in the 2020 or 2021 session, we still have your information.
2019 CLA topics:
- September 10 - Peoria County Overview at Peoria County Courthouse
- September 12 - City of Peoria Overview at City Hall
- September 17 - Peoria Police Department and Emergency Communications Center Tours
- September 19 - Peoria City/County Health Department Tour
- September 24 - Peoria Fire Department Tour at Central Station
- September 26 - Morgue Tour at Peoria County Coroner's Office
- October 1 - Public Works Tour
- October 3 - Peoria County Jail Tour and Dinner
- October 8 - Graduation at Peoria City Council Meeting
- October 10 - Graduation at Peoria County Board Meeting
Citizens Leadership Academy is able to accept only a limited number of participants. All participants must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants will be notified when accepted.
Questions or concerns? Please email Gretchen Pearsall or call (309) 672-6918.
Citizens Leadership Academy 2017 County Graduation
Citizens Leadership Academy participants at the Sheriff's Office
Citizens Leadership Academy participants in the Morgue
Citizens Leadership Academy participants talking with the Coroner
Citizens Leadership Academy participants at the Coroner's Office