To Schedule an Inspection, You Need a Current Permit
- To find out if your project will require a permit, and if so, what you will need to submit for your permit, please see the Permits page of our site.
To Schedule an Inspection
- Call the inspector's number indicated on the sheet received when the permit was issued. Inspectors require a minimum 24 hour advanced notice for setting up an inspection, so please plan accordingly.
- Inspectors are generally in the office from 7 to 9 a.m., although schedules vary day to day.
- If you have to leave a voicemail for your inspector to set up an inspection, please be sure to reference your permit number and the address for the project so that they can find the correct file quickly.
- If you are unable to find your inspector's phone number, permit number, or other information associated with the project, call the main line for assistance.
All construction plans will be reviewed by the Inspections Coordinator for compliance with the below codes. Various inspections will be performed during the building phases and a Certificate of Compliance will be issued after all final inspections are completed.
Currently Enforced Codes
Effective July 1, 2021, Peoria County will enforce the 2018 ICC I-Codes and the 2017 National Fire Protection Association 70: National Electric Code.
The Following Codes Are Adopted & Enforced
July 1, 2021 began the adoption of the ICC 2018 Building Standards
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- update: 2018 Illinois Energy Conservation Code, effective July 1, 2019
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 1996 Illinois Accessibility Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- The current State of Illinois Plumbing Code, Part 890 Illinois Administrative Code
Local Design Criteria
- Ice barrier roofing underlayment is required to be installed in accordance with the building codes.
- Ground snow load: 20 lb per square foot
- Wind Speed: 90 mph
- Wind Speed for Commercial Risk category: Number 1 is 105 mph, Number 2 is 115 mph, Number 3 & Number 4 are 120 mph
- Seismic Design Category: A
- Frost line depth: 42 inches
- Termite: moderate to heavy
- Concrete weathering: severe
- Winter design temperatures: -10 to 0 degrees F
- Soil Load-Bearing Pressures: Assumed 1500 lbs. per square foot unless tested