Law Library FAQs
- Can impounded cases be seen via the new Portal if I am the attorney of record?
- Can we file multiple documents at one time?
- How do we handle exhibits with the new eProcesses?
- How will we get a copy of an eFiled Summons? Also, when we need a summons given to a process server, how will that work now?
- If we file a proposed order through eFileIL, how do we get a signed copy? What about a filed affidavit? Or Petition?
- In probate court we have always had to file the Original Will. How will that be handled with eFile and eCourt?
- Is it important to select the correct filing code?
- It seems like there are several new processes being implemented in Peoria County. Can you explain them?
- We used to get court dates over the Counter when we filed. How do we do that now?
- When I eFile will I get a receipt for my transaction?
- When I eFile, what date will appear on the document?
- When should I eFile? And when will I utilize eCourt process?
- Can the librarians give me definitions of legal terms?
- Is the law library open to the public?
- What are your hours?
- What if I want to know more about the law on a motor vehicle ticket I received?
- What is in the law library collection?
- What purpose would the general public use the law library?
- Where are you located?
- Where can I park?
- Will the librarian assist me in filling out legal forms?
- Would a public library carry the same legal material as the law library?