The Central Illinois Public Information Officers group, known as CIPIO, was originally created to develop a coordinated and standardized communication process for response during large-scale disasters. The goal of the committee is to provide accurate reports and instructions during a natural or man-made incident in a timely fashion to the media and the public.
CIPIO members are from government, non-profit, and key for-profit organizations in Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Stark, and Marshall Counties. Peoria County Communications Department takes a lead role, acting as the Committee Chair and organizing meetings, training, and documents. CIPIO members act as resources for each other, helping to ensure that a single agency is not overwhelmed during an incident.
All members are encouraged to take basic online FEMA/NIMS training at https://training.fema.gov/.
- IS 100 – Intro to Incident Command System
- IS 200 – ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incident
- IS 700 – Intro to National Incident Management Systems (NIMS)
- IS 29 – Public Information Officer Awareness
2023 Meeting Dates:
- January 11 at 8:30 a.m. - Virtual TEAMS meeting
- April 12, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. - OSF HealthCare Ministry Headquarters
- July 12, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. - Peoria International Airport
- October 11, 2023 at 8:30 a.m.
For more information or to join, please email Gretchen Pearsall at firstname.lastname@example.org.